Ashram at Home
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Lifelong Teacher-practitioners ~ Atma Okan, Sankalpananda & Swami Premajyoti for 5 hours of talks, inspiration, community & classes grounded in the Raja Yoga Sutras of Mahasiddha Patanjali.
Session 1 ~ With Atma Okan
Atma will lead a wisdom talk and guided class with a focus on how we approach Asana through Yama & Niyama, posture, & breath, exploring:
- The true power of embracing the Yamas (social disciplines) and Niyamas (self disciplines) and how they lead us to more acceptance, contentment, truth and presence.
- Asana as it is used within the 8 fold path
- The meaning and beauty of ‘Sthira Sukham Asanam’ drawn from Patanjali’s Ancient Sutras and its impact and importance in our practice in the present-day context.
- How Hatha Yoga works to release tension and toxins to prepare us to arrive at a place of steady, comfortable posture.
- Pranayama and how it can be approached to build and continue to deepen relationship with the breath and realize it as a truly powerful ally.
- How simply harnessing the breath releases tension, shifts emotion and changes our state of mind.
- Four key aspects of the breath that work to support us on all levels in both outer life and inner exploration.
Session 2 ~ With Sankalpananda
Sankalpananda will lead a wisdom talk and guided class that dives deeper into Pranayama, Pratyahara, and Dharana – Deep concentration, exploring:
- Prana and its meaning as life-force.
- How Prana supports and animates life
- The meaning and impact of the Bioplasmic Field
- The life-changing qualities of pranayama practice as a powerful aspect of the 8 Fold Path of Yoga
- How to bring these aspects into daily life to enhance wellbeing and vitality.
- The role of pratyahara in Yoga and how the senses provide both connection and distraction
- The means for withdrawing the senses and have the power to choose where to direct our attention.
Session 3 ~ With Swami Premajyoti
Premajyoti will lead a wisdom talk and guided class drawing through the experience of Dharana and into Dhyana, the state of meditation, exploring:
- The link between Dharana and Dhyana and the importance of Dharana in meditation
- How and why tools for concentration are so important and helpful
- How to sit will and observe what flows through our system as we move through the states and brainwave patterns of meditative practice
- The State of Samadhi
- Different qualities of Samadhi, their hallmarks, and their gifts
- The processes of evolution and involution along the spiritual path
- How the higher states of meditation may be demystified and become more accessible to any sincere aspirant.
- The ultimate goal of Yoga and how it expresses beautifully through the 8 Fold Path.
Recordings Available for 7 Days following live event
Investment: $79.00 USD
** Flexible Payment Plans available, please email email@example.com to arrange.
Payments are made in US$ through Golden Soul Yoga & Meditation website.