Surya Namaskara - Salute to the Sun
Workshop with Atma Okan
Throughout our yoga journey we practice hundreds if not thousands of rounds of Salute to the Sun. So it's a good idea to take a moment to consider why and how we practice this sequence, how it affects us on all levels, and how we can best personally practice Salute to the Sun.
In this session make the practice of Surya Namaskara your own, incorporating all of the aspects of asana (postures), prana (energy flow), mantra and meditation to create a complete sadhana or personal practice. "Making the practice fit your body rather than making your body fit the practice." That way Salute to the Sun becomes available to everybody and every body.
We learn more about:
- The benefits of Salute to the Sun and how it affects our "whole being" on all levels
- How to incorporate it into a daily practice
- Practical guidelines to make the practice fit you
- The deeper energetic aspects of the practice, using energy locks and breath retention to enhance these.
- How we can build up our practice to be able to complete 108 rounds
- And much more...
Date..................Sunday 30 April
Time..................10am - 1pm
Investment........$75 / $65 Ashram Yoga graduates (who have completed a full 200/500-hour teacher training course)